Thursday 14 November 2013

quick write - haunted house

haunted house


the floor creaked underneath my feet as i heard a gust of wind rustle through the rafters of the old Victorian home, the floor was missing boards and the walls were covered in paintings that were shielded by thick webs of dust. I looked around frantically searching for an exit, my heart could be heard a mile away it was pounding as i saw the slender white figure float over the floorboards and around the corner, i wanted to search for it to investigate further but at the same time i did not want it to catch me looking, i was beyond scared, it was something that you could not explain. the figure peered back out of the corner to show its ghastly face. i stood my ground, the ghosts face slid into a look of despair as if it had lost something, the figure pointed to a doorway with light flooding out from beneath the door, an exit. the ghost however did not want me to leave, it was lonely so maybe i will stay a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment